CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Failure

I figure since this my own blog documenting my own stuff I can put failures on here too. I was so excited to sew tonight and now I'm frustrated. I started out by taking the pockets out of a dress I bought from Tulle and ended up making it look funny. It's a little plain anyway and needs something added to it but I haven't figured out what yet.

Then I took a shirt dress I bought from Old Navy for like $1.50 and I tried to shorten it into a normal shirt and take it in on the sides since it was a little big and add a froo froo frilly flower to it. Well, here is the end result.

I used this tutorial for the flower. The shirt fits really weird and is still too big(but doesn't all Old Navy stuff fit weird?) and the flower looks like a big glob of goo. I hate it! It might look okay from the top angle but look at it when I hold it upright.

Ya not going out wearing that thing. Not only that but I cut up another shirt for the gray fabric. alsioehtkl;sjdhfklgjh

It would probably be a cute flower if I had the right kind of fabric. Oh well, I'm learning. On a lighter note I did find some super cute yellow polyester fabric to make another belt or headband with! yay! And it burns correctly so it will take way less time. Hopefully I'll do that soon. Oh and my cake decorating class this week is all about more royal icing flowers. fun fun fun

2 comments:

Camille

So when I was looking at the picture of the shirt lying down, it looked good. Then I saw the picture of you holding the flower upright and it did look so different.
Good job learning so much. Trial and error will make you better!

RWSeibel

Just keep trying! Where do you get all your energy and time to do this too?!? Maybe I'll find out this week. Can't wait to be there!

Mom