CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wilton Course 3, Class 2


Tonight we worked with fondant for the first time. We learned how to cover a cake with marshmallow fondant and also make a fondant rose. I really liked the fondant roses. They were a little tedious and took a long time, but they turned out WAY better than those darn buttercream roses that gave me such a hard time.

I like the way my cake turned out. If I would have known better I would have made one more loop to go in the center and made the loops a little thinner in width. Oh well. My fondant did start to bubble a little when I got home and I'm not sure why. I'm excited to eat it, but I don't have the heart to cut into it until Nathan sees it. :) It is a from-scratch yellow cake with a chocolate sour cream icing. YUM! If they are good I'll post the recipes.

3 comments:

mikelle

WOW! That looks awesome! Great job! My birthday is coming soon... I think I need to point Jeremy in the right direction. :)

Raree (RAH-ree)

Pretty! YEARS down the road when I have children getting married, I hope you're in the area that the reception will take place. haha How's that for thinking WAY ahead?!

Alicia

fabulous!